Funny, how I thought about coming back in my tiny office space to write another blog post as if I already knew how the morning would play out. I heard the kids' alarms ringing and they got up to get ready for school. I was tired, but as I look over at my husband laying next to me, I know that its just going to be another ordinary day off for me. I get up with the kids, make sure S doesn't go to school with her hair sticking straight up since third grade can be tough on a girl. I hear K downstairs getting ready for school. Hes been avoiding me lately because I took his phone from him. I shake my head as I think about it. Teenagers. UGH!
I make coffee, ensuring there will be enough for M when he gets up, or he will drink the rest of what I may have made for me. I bring up the laundry that was drying last night as I went to bed, and began my usual cleaning routine for my day off. Quite boring, but I enjoy the quiet after the kids leave for school.
When M walks out, this could either go one one of two ways. He will walk out in a great mood, and say in his enthusiastic voice "good morning, honey!" but it will the be over dramatic effect where I can't tell if he is being sarcastic or trying to be an ass. Surly he remembers what a dick he was last night. Or he will walk out in complete silence and still be pissed off about all the little things in life.
When he finally woke up and walked out of the room, I was silent. I am unsure how to react anymore. I've had close to four cups of coffee, more Italian sweet cream creamer than coffee but who cares. I don't say a word. Instead I gaze off our two story back porch into the field that is now becoming a new subdivision of town homes. He mentions something about the Fresh Prince of Bel-air that is on the TV, something along the lines of how he hasn't seen it forever. I had thought the same thing when I changed it to that channel. The tone in his voice reassures me that he is no loner angry and that the morning will go as my first thought. Like nothing ever happened.
Of course he doesn't know that after his little pissy-fit last night, I went into our bathroom and cried. I can be such a sap. When push comes to shove I either cry or yell, and yelling never gets us anywhere. So I cry, wash my face, put some concealer on, and go on back into the living room like nothing happened. By this time he was in the garage on the phone with his brother and there I was, still dwelling on his pissy fits. I call them pissy fits, because things can be going great one minute and the next he is upset about the dumbest shit.
I pour me another cup of coffee and come into my office space and begin this blog. He gets the vacuum out and starts to vacuum, and I blog and pay bills.
I make coffee, ensuring there will be enough for M when he gets up, or he will drink the rest of what I may have made for me. I bring up the laundry that was drying last night as I went to bed, and began my usual cleaning routine for my day off. Quite boring, but I enjoy the quiet after the kids leave for school.
When M walks out, this could either go one one of two ways. He will walk out in a great mood, and say in his enthusiastic voice "good morning, honey!" but it will the be over dramatic effect where I can't tell if he is being sarcastic or trying to be an ass. Surly he remembers what a dick he was last night. Or he will walk out in complete silence and still be pissed off about all the little things in life.
When he finally woke up and walked out of the room, I was silent. I am unsure how to react anymore. I've had close to four cups of coffee, more Italian sweet cream creamer than coffee but who cares. I don't say a word. Instead I gaze off our two story back porch into the field that is now becoming a new subdivision of town homes. He mentions something about the Fresh Prince of Bel-air that is on the TV, something along the lines of how he hasn't seen it forever. I had thought the same thing when I changed it to that channel. The tone in his voice reassures me that he is no loner angry and that the morning will go as my first thought. Like nothing ever happened.
Of course he doesn't know that after his little pissy-fit last night, I went into our bathroom and cried. I can be such a sap. When push comes to shove I either cry or yell, and yelling never gets us anywhere. So I cry, wash my face, put some concealer on, and go on back into the living room like nothing happened. By this time he was in the garage on the phone with his brother and there I was, still dwelling on his pissy fits. I call them pissy fits, because things can be going great one minute and the next he is upset about the dumbest shit.
I pour me another cup of coffee and come into my office space and begin this blog. He gets the vacuum out and starts to vacuum, and I blog and pay bills.